Sunday, May 16, 2010

Seattle General - Chapter 24

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight, but I'm grateful to Stephenie Meyer for her dream.

Shout-outs: To my friend, Mindy, for talking me through the birthing process since I don't know nothin' about birthin' no babies! And to Monica for the first-grade crush idea.


BPOV

Our time in Forks was the perfect vacation. It was nice to get out of town and Sweetpea loved spending time with Charlie and Sue.

At the first part of June, Jasper and Alice bought a house directly across the street from us. We helped them move in – along with the same guys from the hospital who helped us. Of course, Alice and I weren't allowed to do anything in our "delicate conditions." Yes, feel free to insert an eyeroll here. Edward snickered in bed next to me late one night after the move that it sucked to be Jasper because he didn't have the fuck-awesome shower we had. I just slapped him lightly in the dark as he drew me closer to him.

It was good to have them moved in before their baby arrived. They already knew they would be having a girl and her name would be Rosalie Lillian. We needed to wait until a little farther along to find out if we were actually having a boy or girl. I knew if you asked Sweetpea, she'd say she would definitely be having a baby brother. I knew I'd be happy with either – just a healthy baby. I knew that's what Edward wanted as well.

By June, Rosalie's nursery was all set up. Sweetpea and I went over one day to look at it. It was gorgeous. With the most professional shopper we knew, there was no way it could be anything less than perfect.

Alice got Sweetpea a snack from the kitchen and then turned to me. She said, "Bella, Jasper is going to be with me during the birth. But I want you to be there, too."

I don't know whether I looked terrified or shocked. "I don't know," I whispered.

Alice took my hand and continued, "Bella, it will be ok. I want you to be there. You're my best friend. There's no one else I'd rather share it with. Plus then you'll know what to expect when Sweetpea's little brother or sister makes an appearance!"

I smiled warmly at her, but secretly hoped I could make it through the entire experience without throwing up or passing out. All that medical stuff was so out of my league. That was Edward and Jasper's world – so not mine.

I ran the idea past Edward. He thought it would be fine for me to be there and explained basically what would happen during the process. I groaned and covered my eyes. Edward took my hand and said, "Baby, I think you'll be fine – truly. Alice wants you there as her best friend. You'll do great. You've read the books already since you're such a fast reader. You know everything to expect."

"I know," I replied. "I'm just nervous." He rubbed circles on my back as I relaxed into him.

About a week later near the end of June, we had all turned in for the night. I had snuggled myself into Edward's arms and he had his arm draped over my waist. I was feeling warm and secure in my little nest of his arms as I was drifting off to sleep when my cell phone rang on the nightstand beside me.

"Hello?" I mumbled sleepily into my phone.

"Bella!" Alice's voice shouted into the phone. "I need you to come now! My freakin' water just broke all over the kitchen floor as I was up, getting a snack. Jasper is at the hospital, doing an emergency surgery. I need to go now!"

"OK Alice! Let me get some clothes on and I'll be right over!"

Adrenaline kicked in and I bounded out of bed like a kangaroo. I hurriedly explained to Edward what was happening. He yawned and said, "OK baby. Two thumbs up!" and flopped back down in the bed. I was instantly jealous of him lying in bed, but adrenaline was a powerful thing and all I could think about was getting Alice to the hospital.

I was dressed and at the Whitlock's faster than I thought I would be. I helped Alice into the car. She was excited, smiling and crying at the same time. I tried to drive like a sane person, but I knew we needed to get her there as soon as possible. She told me she'd tried to call Jasper, but since he was in a case, he wasn't reachable by phone. A nurse had answered his cell phone and told Alice she would let him know as soon as it was safe for her to do so. Crap – I was her only support at this time. OK – I could do this.

A nurse assisted us with getting us installed into a patient room. Thank goodness they were already pre-registered and the skanky whore Tanya didn't work in labor and delivery. I may have to take someone out if I didn't have to be here as a support for Alice.

Alice had to ride out a least a labor pain or two before an anesthesiologist came in and gave her an epidural. Then it was time for her to be moved into the delivery room. I kept wondering where Jasper was. He should be here for the birth of his daughter! Did the nurse ever tell him? Alice was not letting go of my hand for anything in the world. For such a small person, she had a tremendous grip when a labor pain was bearing down on her. Yikes!

Just as her doctor had got her through another round of pushing, he said, "I see the head!" Then, thankfully, Jasper burst through the door. I tried to let go of Alice's hand, but she wasn't having any of that.

Jasper just went around to Alice's other side, gave her a kiss and said, "You can do this, sweetie. Let's give our daughter the best birthday ever!" My adrenaline must be wearing off – I think he was trying to make me cry. He looked over at me and winked. I smiled back at him through the tears gathering in the corners of my eyes as Alice was instructed to push again.

Time seemed to run together, so I don't know exactly how long it took for Rosalie to be born. I know by the time she was weighed, measured, and then snuggled into a beautiful pink hospital blanket and I – as Aunt Bella – was allowed to hold her, she was the most perfect thing I'd ever seen. And that was all that mattered. It felt as though the baby currently growing inside me fluttered when I held her. It must have been my imagination as I knew it was entirely too early for anything like that.

Alice was going to be allowed to rest at the hospital for a while, so I was free to go. Jasper made sure I was all right to drive home and wasn't too tired. I assured him I was fine. I don't really remember much about the drive – I think I made it home on auto pilot.

As I slid in next to my still-snoring husband, my body definitely felt how tired I was. I was almost asleep again as soon as my head hit the pillow, and I could feel Edward's protective arm sliding around my waist. How could he – in a dead sleep – know the second I got back into bed? No matter – I would never tire of sleeping next to him and the way he took care of us.

EPOV

We were coming around to Christmas again very quickly. For some reason, Bella wasn't letting me pick out any "family-oriented" pajamas this year. What's got into her? Was she somehow saying the ones I picked out last year weren't appropriate? If she can insert an eyeroll, I can insert a snort! Bella's been Christmas shopping with Alice and Rosalie while I've been working.

Just because watching her ever-growing pregnant body was a total turn-on for me and I couldn't get enough of it, sue me! I am a doctor and know a thing or two about pregnant women and their hormones. And my lovely wife's seem to be on overdrive. So if she's told you that I'm a bit out of control in the lovemaking department, she's getting just as much out of it as I am – and she's just as ready to go as I am! We've had to resort to some new positions because of her gorgeous belly, but that's ok with me.

Sweetpea, our now 6-year-old, is loving school, although she's trying to give me a heart attack. She came home from first grade one day and announced she had a crush on some boy. I didn't even know this six-year-old, but I wanted to give him a strong talking-to. Bella thought it was adorable. Was she crazy? The boy was Seth Clearwater. Apparently some second cousin to Sue Clearwater, Charlie's love. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I wanted to meet his parents and any other relatives. Bella just put her hand on my shoulder and whispered something in my ear about not being so ridiculous. I'm just trying to protect what's mine!

Bella has been very good about hiding all the Christmas gifts so Sweetpea will think Santa has brought them. She picked out the "appropriate" pajamas. Whatever! So those are the only gifts under our tree at the moment. My lovely wife doesn't know I made a special trip to Victoria's Secret by myself to pick out something just for her. I know she wouldn't go in there anytime recently with her burgeoning belly, but I found a sheer lacy halter babydoll that opened right underneath the bustline. She would look perfect in it. Maybe she'll help out my fantasy on Christmas Eve and wear that with those sex shoes I got her for Christmas last year – I was getting hard just thinking about it.

Apparently Charlie and Sue would be arriving on Christmas day, so I'd have to share Bella with them that day. I promised I'd help out with whatever I could. She'd already done a lot of the baking ahead of time, but I was ready for whatever task she had ready for me.

On Christmas Eve, after a dinner of take-out pizza, we opened our pajama gifts. Bella had got herself and Sweetpea pink pajamas with cupcakes printed randomly on them. They went to change into them immediately. They were actually perfect for them since Bella was always teaching Sweetpea to bake in the kitchen and we all loved cupcakes and baked goods. Then they made me open mine. I tried not to pout as I knew it wasn't going to be anything sexy – although I did bring back the Santa hat from last year for good measure. Bella had got me Scooby Doo pajamas! This was better than sexy! Woohoo!

"Well," she said, "it was either those or penguins. When I saw Scooby Doo, I couldn't resist. So, you still may get penguins – maybe another year!"

"These are great, baby! I love you!" I told her with a kiss as I came back into the room, fully decked out in Scooby Doo. If the doctors at work knew their Chief of Medicine was a sucker for Scooby Doo or even owned these pajamas, I'd get razzed mercilessly. As long as the secret was safe within our family, I was good to go.

We watched a couple Christmas movies, then I explained to Sweetpea the importance of her going to bed and to sleep like a good girl so Santa would come and deliver her presents. She totally understood – maybe the movies helped since they were Santa-oriented. She left out some cookies and Coke for Santa. I explained that maybe Santa gets tired of milk at every house and she agreed. We got her settled into bed and she was off into dreamland pretty quickly.

Bella and I got out all the presents she had stuffed into various hiding spots. I don't even think she had realized there were so many! The space under the tree was packed and was spilling out in all directions. The stockings were stuffed within an inch of their lives and all was in readiness for our little girl to get up in the morning. She usually didn't get up until about 8 a.m. or so if she was allowed to sleep in, but with the excitement of Christmas, who knew what time she'd get up?

And yes, being the good Santa-dad I am, I did eat my cookies and Coke, thank you very much. Then I took my lovely wife by the hand and guided her into our bedroom and sat her on the bed.

I kissed her and said, "Baby, I have a gift for you."

"Edward," she said, "all our gifts are in the other room."

"Nope, not this one. It's a special one."

She looked at me warily, "What is it?"

"Baby, please keep an open mind, ok?" She agreed and I went to get the box out of the closet.

When she saw the distinctive pink box, she was going to protest, but my lips against hers silenced her. "Please," I implored.

She might've grumbled a bit under her breath as she opened the box and withdrew the black lacy babydoll. "Oh, Edward, it's beautiful!"

"Yes, as are you," I said as I reached around her and began unbuttoning her pajama top. "And I want to see you in this."

"Edward…"

My lips found her earlobe and I sucked on it. I whispered into her ear, "Please baby, for me." I was directly behind her now and I knew she could feel my arousal beginning. Her pajama top was unbuttoned now and I slid it off her shoulders. Mmmm…my baby hadn't put a bra on earlier when she put these pajamas on – all the better for me as I now palmed her breasts. I loved rolling her nipples in my long fingers.

I took the lacy garment from her hands and slid it over her head and made quick work of her pajama bottoms. I growled gently in her ear, "Don't move, baby." I was back in a flash with those sex shoes I'd been fantasizing about.

I bent down and helped my love slide her feet into them. Then I kissed my way up her long legs, paying particular attention to the apex, and then to that gorgeous belly of hers. By the time I came back up to her breasts, her breathing was labored. "Are you ok, love?"

"Yes…I just want you, darling."

"Mmmm…I was hoping you'd say that. I've been fantasizing about you looking just like this for about a week now. I have to say, I love the visual. You are absolutely gorgeous. I love you, my sweet girl." I slid one of her hardened nipples into my mouth as I tweaked the other one with my fingers. I absolutely loved that Bella's breasts were getting bigger along with this pregnancy.

My tongue was busy, lavishing attention on both of Bella's nipples while she was busy, stroking my length. She was attempting to divest me of my pajamas. I chuckled, "Are you in a hurry, baby?"

She pulled me to her and breathed, "Yes, Edward. I need you inside me. I'm so wet for you right now."

"Hmmm…I think I should check on the validity of that statement, baby." Two of my long fingers reached down and slid inside Bella's slick folds. She was more than wet – she was positively dripping. "Mmm…you are very wet, love. I want to make love to you right now."

"Please, Dr. Masen," she choked out.

"Baby…" I said with concern. It had been a while since we'd played the dominant "Dr. Masen" card. I certainly didn't want to hurt her now that she was pregnant.

"Just take me," she said.

"Isabella," I said softly, "lean over the side of the bed with only your forearms resting on the bed. Spread your pretty legs so I can get a good view of your beautiful pussy and how wet you get for me." She did as I asked. With her wearing those fabulous shoes, she was at exactly the right height for this. I hurriedly got the rest of my pajamas off and slid into her, grinding my hips. I could feel my release coming from a mile away like a freight train. I slid my fingers around to her slick clit and she bucked back into me with a groan.

"Do you like that, Isabella? Tell me!"

"Oh yes," she panted and she bucked again as my fingers kept up their ministrations. "Oh Edward, I'm so close. I'm going to come."

"Then come for me, baby." And, by some miracle, we did end up coming at the same time or near enough.

I helped Bella up and said, "Baby, I hope I didn't hurt you. I got concerned when you called me Dr. Masen."

She replied, "I know, but I just got so turned on all of a sudden by the nightgown, the shoes and how you were just taking control of everything."

I pressed my forehead to hers and said, "I like taking control but, baby, ever since I convinced you to go out with me, you've really been in control." She just giggled as we got cleaned up and then got into bed.

Our darling daughter waited until 7:30 the next morning before we heard her squeals of delight in the living room. Shortly, we heard her knock on our bedroom door. After Bella told her to come in, Sweetpea jumped on our bed with us and said, "Mama! Daddy! Santa's been here!" We grinned at her in response.

Bella caught her enthusiasm right away and went with Sweetpea out to the living room. I'm not sure when she'd changed back into the cupcake pajamas during the night. Good thing she did because the only thing I was wearing was a smile. My daughter didn't need to see that – yikes! I heard them turning on the Christmas tree lights and getting breakfast items warmed up.

Our Christmas morning was full of wonder and excitement! I don't know who was more excited – me or Sweetpea. Bella could pick out the most perfect gifts. I had stopped by Tiffany's to pick her up a special "forever" necklace to show her she was my forever. That brought some tears to her eyes.

I think the best gift was the special one we'd kept from Sweetpea. We'd known for a bit that we were truly having a boy. Bella had placed a copy of one of the ultrasound pictures into a blue frame that proclaimed "baby brother." When Sweetpea opened that, she screamed in excitement! "I knew it, Mama! I knew it, I knew it!" She ran over to hug Bella. Of course I got all that on film.

The rest of our Christmas was filled with Charlie and Sue coming later in the day and their own presents for Sweetpea. Sue also helped Bella with Christmas dinner. I helped as needed – I wasn't shirking my duties now that Grandpa was here to help with Sweetpea.

Near the middle of February, right after Valentine's Day, I was spooning with lovely Bella in our bed. Suddenly, she withdrew from me. I mumbled, "What's the matter, baby?"

"My back is hurting," she said. I brought my hand down to her lower back and rubbed it for her. After a few moments she said it really wasn't helping. My eyes snapped open and I looked at her. "This is like the worst backache I've ever had," she continued.

"Baby, I think we need to go to the hospital," I said. She gave me a worried look. "I'll take care of everything," I said in response, "Just get dressed and I'll make some calls."

I called our ever-faithful next-door neighbors. Jasper was over in a flash to get Sweetpea. He bundled her up in a blanket and took her over to their house. She didn't even wake up during the transfer. I also called Carlisle to let him know we were on our way to the hospital.

Bella was looking a bit scared as she held my hand in the car on the way to the hospital. Once at the hospital, she was promptly mortified when her water broke all over the bed we just got her onto. I told her not to worry about it.

Time moved rather quickly after that. Bella was a champ the entire birthing process. She may have screamed out a few inappropriate things, like I was never getting near her again, but I knew she wouldn't mean it later. I was glad Carlisle was there to keep the calm. I hated seeing Bella in pain, but attempted to keep my eye on the end result – our beautiful baby boy.

Emmett Dale Masen was the perfect addition to our family. If I ever thought Bella was great with Sweetpea, you should've seen her with Emmett. She doted on that baby something fierce – he was going to be spoiled before he was even out of diapers. I was glad I knew I still had first place in her heart.

Sweetpea also doted on Emmett. It was no wonder after Em learned those basic words like "mama" and "dada," his next one was "'Pea." As soon as he could walk, he followed her everywhere and she lapped up his attention like water.

No comments:

Post a Comment