Sunday, February 14, 2010

Seattle General - Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight. Stephenie Meyer does. Please don't steal my original work.

EPOV

I loved being able to take care of my Bella. Of course, I wasn’t very happy that we couldn’t make love due to her ankle being hurt. And I wasn’t going to take advantage of her being hurt. I rubbed her back and shoulders while she was sitting on the couch and tried to make her more comfortable. Lying in bed was worse. I tried not to lie too close to her so she couldn’t feel my ever-present erection poking her. I knew she’d do whatever I would ask, but still – the doctor part of me took over the horny part of me – dammit all. I was just glad she hadn’t broken her ankle. Then we’d be in for 4-8 weeks of recovery time and after that, they’d just have to bronze my blue balls, because I don’t think I’d recover.

Monday morning, I situated Bella on the couch after getting her some breakfast and installing the first movie in the DVD player for her. I checked her ankle and the swelling had gone down quite a bit. She’d been walking on it some – I think while she thought I wasn’t watching – but me being the overprotective type, I wanted her to stay home an extra day. I left Flippy in charge again and her cell phone close at hand. And yes, I’m a practical doctor and know that a stuffed animal can’t take care of the love of my life, but he was just there to let her know I was thinking of her.

We chatted by phone once I got to work. Bella said, “I feel so unproductive today. I could be at least answering email or something.”

I responded, “Baby, just relax. Take a nap or something. Watch those movies. We need to get you back to 110%. Carlisle will be glad to get you back tomorrow. The most you should do today is review your shoe collection because you’re not wearing anything with a heel for a while.” She sighed a defeated sigh, to which I responded, “I love you, baby. I’ll be back home to take care of you soon.”

My day was filled with patient after patient. Did everyone in the city need to be in the emergency room today? I did keep my head in the game with my patients, but that didn’t mean I didn’t send a few texts to my Bella.

Hi baby. I miss and love you. Are you resting? - E

Hi! I love and miss you too. Yes, I’m resting and watching a movie. – B

Mmmm…what are you wearing? - E


Can’t say my mind didn’t go to the gutter in a short period of time. A couple of days without sex and I was like a sexually frustrated teenager.

Shouldn’t you be taking care of patients? - B

Yes baby, but you’re my favorite. – E

U R sweet. – B

I’ll be home soon to take care of you. Love you. – E

Love u 2. – B


Carlisle caught me in the hallway and asked if we could go to his office and talk for a bit. I walked with him. I sat down opposite him as he began.

“Edward, I don’t know if you know or not, but our Chief of Medicine has decided to retire permanently. You know he’s been off with his wife recovering from her bout with cancer, which is why you and several others have been acting in his stead. So that will leave his position open. I’m wondering if you would consider applying for it.”

I looked at him in surprise, “No, Carlisle, I hadn’t heard that. Wow. This is something I’ll definitely consider. I want to talk to Bella about it, of course.”

He smiled at me and continued, “Have you asked her to marry you?”

I ran my hand nervously through my hair and answered, “Not yet – officially. But I’ve told her I’m going to ask her.”

Carlisle sighed, “Well, I’ll definitely hate to lose her. Bella’s been great at organizing my office and getting things done. But if you get this promotion, you won’t be working long, crazy hours in the ER anymore. She should like that – having you home by dinnertime.”

I stood up, we smiled at each other and shook hands and I left Carlisle’s office. This was definitely something I would need to discuss with Bella – and soon. I looked at my watch. It was getting close to the end of the normal workday. I’d cruise through the ER and see how things were to see if I could go home anywhere close to on time.

My phone rang just as I was leaving work. It was Bella. “Hi, my love,” I answered, smiling. Her voice was small and breathy, “Dr. Masen, I need you to come.” And then the phone line went dead. I attempted to call her back, but her phone just kept going straight to voice mail.

What the fuck? I ran to the Volvo as fast as humanly possible, jumped in and drove like a crazy lunatic to her apartment. What was wrong with my Bella? Why weren’t doctors afforded lights and sirens? I needed to get to her ASAP. Fucking red stoplights! I flew into her parking lot and parked the car. I hoped I was in a real parking space. My heart was racing a mile a minute.

I unlocked her door and opened it quickly. “Bella!” I yelled out frantically. What the hell was going on? Her apartment was filled with burning candles and Bella was bent over the arm of the couch in some dark blue lacy thong and nothing else.

Bella leaned up a bit and sexily looked at me with lust-filled eyes. She repeated, enunciating each word, “Dr. Masen, I need you to come.” Holy hell! My Bella was fine. My heart rate slowed somewhat, but not entirely as I saw she was very turned on. She had told me exactly what she needed, I just jumped to the wrong conclusion. Yeah, that was me. But right now, my dick was twitching in my pants and needed to be buried in my girl’s slit.

“Isabella, you’re a very naughty girl,” I told her. She giggled a bit as I made quick work of my jeans, pushed her thong aside and buried my dick deep inside her already wet center as I grabbed onto her hips. She moaned out, “Oh…Dr. Masen!” She knew exactly what that did to me and it didn’t take me long to come.

Afterwards, I turned Bella around and held her to me. I breathed out, “Baby, are you okay? Did I hurt you? How’s your ankle?”

She smiled up at me, kissing my neck, and replied, “Darling Edward, I’m fine and you definitely didn’t hurt me. My ankle is good. I was walking on it a bit today. But I just needed you so much and I was so turned on, I didn’t know how else to show you. I wanted you to know I wanted to make love even though you still wanted to be careful of my ankle.”

“Oh baby,” I said through my kisses of her warm, wet mouth and down her neck, “I love you so much.” Not that I didn’t love the smell of Bella, my nose picked up the smell of something else. I picked her up and carried her into the kitchen. “Bella! You made me cookies again!”

She laughed, “Yes, because I know they’re your favorite – and I’ve made dinner, too.” I looked at her disapprovingly, as I didn’t want her overdoing it. “Truly, darling, my ankle feels much better.”

I pouted and replied, “I was thinking if you’re going to make me cookies and dinner every damn day, I’m just going to tell Carlisle you’re never coming back to work!” She kissed me again and insisted I put her down so she could check on dinner while I set the table.

During dinner, I relayed the conversation I had with Carlisle about the Chief of Medicine position and that I wanted her opinion. “I want to know how you feel, baby, because you’re my future and this will affect you, too,” I said. She agreed I should apply for the promotion and see how things went. I decided I’d do it the next day.

Bella said the day before she’d spoken to her father and, if I would like to, we were going to his house for Thanksgiving. Holy fuck! I love Bella, but her dad is a cop – who carries a gun! She assured me she’d told him all about me and he was fine with us. She also mentioned Jake and Nessa would be there. Great – not only did I have to meet Bella’s father, but I have to meet her ex-boyfriend, too. The holidays – weren’t they just full of joy and fucking happiness? Maybe I could get Jasper to break my leg or something before then. Although, a happier idea did begin to form in my head.

BPOV

We got through Halloween unscathed. Edward insisted on being at my apartment while I handed out goodies to the kids. I thought they were adorable in their costumes!

Work continued on much the same. Edward did apply for the promotion and I continued to work in Carlisle’s office, enjoying every bit of it. I continued to take dinner to his apartment on those nights when he knew he’d be very late and he didn’t want to wake me. On one of those nights, I was poking around in his closet. He had said that he had nothing to hide from me, but I wanted to surprise him with something for Christmas, and I needed to get started on it now so I could get finished on time. I found what I was looking for and took the box home with me.

The large box was filled with pictures of Edward when he was a baby, growing up, school photos and all the rest. I was so glad Edward’s mother had been very organized and labeled all the photos with his age, the dates and other identifying information. This was going to make my job so much easier as I made these scrapbooks for his Christmas gift. I suspected he was going to get me an engagement ring for Christmas and there was nothing I could get him that could compete with that.

Every time Edward came over to my apartment, I had to make sure his scrapbook project was covered up or put away and my own scrapbooking was out on the table. I definitely wanted this to be a surprise. He hadn’t mentioned anything about a box missing from his closet. I was hoping he’d be totally unobservant. As it was, he was acting totally nervous about meeting my dad and Jake. He was pestering me daily about what they were like. I told him as much as I possibly could.

Finally, one night after a particularly arduous session of lovemaking, I told him, “Darling, you are the one I love. And because I love you, they will think you’re great. You don’t have to impress anyone.” I kissed the beginning of a pout right off his lips, even though it was adorably cute.

I baked some treats during the week prior to Thanksgiving, with Edward sampling everything. He couldn’t decide which he liked better.

I called Charlie the morning of Thanksgiving before we started out, to let him know we were on our way. Edward and I had a nice drive. He’d never been to Forks. Even though I’d told him it was very remote and nothing like Seattle, I don’t think he actually believed me. “Baby, you lived in the boonies!” he exclaimed by the time we got to Port Angeles. I just giggled in response.

When Edward saw that small sign that pointed toward Forks, he got very quiet during the rest of the drive, even though I tried to pull some conversation out of him. We were driving along Crescent Lake just then. I asked him to stop at the rest area at the far end as I had to use the facilities. He pulled into a parking space and got out with me – whether to protect me from bears or any would-be crazies that were lurking around, I have no idea. There were no other cars in the rest area.

When I finished, I found him waiting outside the restroom. Sheesh – he was very protective – not that I minded. If I had needed his help, he was close by. I grabbed his hand and walked back to the Volvo. He opened the car door for me. I said, “No, Edward, we’re getting in the back seat.”

“Bella, what are you talking about?” he questioned.

“Edward, don’t argue with me. Get in here with me,” I said as I wrenched open the door to the back seat. He sighed and went around to the other side of the car.

“What is this about?” he asked, warily.

I said as I began kissing down his neck, “Darling, you’re as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. You need to calm down before we get to Forks,” I continued as I started unbuttoning his jeans.

“Bella,” he breathed, “we can’t do this.”

“Edward,” I said as I kissed him, “just sit back, relax and enjoy it. I love you.” My hands were now stroking him and his hands were tangling in my hair. He might’ve been nervous, but my actions were turning him on very quickly. My tongue was working its way up and down his shaft, sliding around the tip and taking as much of him in my mouth as I could. His head leaned back against the headrest as his hands kept moving over my hair.

Soon, with his panting, he hissed out, “Baby, I’m going to come.” I just hummed against him and continued my ministrations. I took him into my mouth and he unloaded himself deep in my throat. I took my time cleaning him up with my tongue and re-buttoning his jeans. He continued after taking a few shaky breaths, “I truly do love you, baby.”

I smiled up at him and told him I loved him as well as I reached up to the front seat console and got a bottle of water. I took a big swig and replaced the cap. I reached up, snaking my arm around his neck as his arms were around me. We kissed deeply for a few minutes. I finally swatted him playfully on the thigh and asked if we could go as I was hungry and didn’t want to delay dinner any longer.

When we got to Charlie’s, I got excited about seeing my dad again. It had been awhile. Edward and I brought the goodies in from the car and the most logical place for introductions to start was the kitchen. “Sue! Nessa!” I exclaimed as I hugged them with smiles all around. They were glad to see me as well. They looked expectantly at Edward as I said, “This is Dr. Edward Masen. I met him at work and he’s, well, definitely more than my boyfriend. I’d say he’s my everything.” Sue and Nessa were glad to meet Edward, and he definitely insisted they didn’t need to call him “doctor.”

I grabbed Edward’s hand, held him to me, and whispered while laughing, “You don’t need to be nervous. Charlie likely doesn’t have his gun on him at the moment, silly!” We moved through the archway to the living room where the television was blaring with a football game already in progress. “Dad!” I called. Charlie immediately turned the volume down a bit when he heard me call him.

He smiled and got up from his recliner, holding out his arms. “Bells!” he said in greeting. “Hi Dad,” I responded, returning his hug. I disentangled myself from him and gestured to Edward beside me and said, “Dad, this is Dr. Edward Masen – he’s my everything!”

Charlie appraised Edward a bit cooly and then reached out his hand and said, “Hi Dr. Masen.” Edward responded, smoothly, “Please, call me Edward.” “Edward it is then,” Charlie agreed and moved back to his recliner so we could make our way around the rest of the living room.

Next up was Jake. I prayed there wouldn’t be some sort of pissing contest with these two. But they seemed to get along pretty well from the beginning, although I don’t know that Edward was very thrilled when Jake reached over and gave me one of his bone-crushing hugs. After that, I introduced Edward to Billy Black, Jake’s father.

I left Edward with the guys after I brought him a beer and finished up the meal with the rest of the women in the kitchen. I knew he would be fine – I definitely had no doubts in my mind. I had no clue what they talked about. As long as no fights broke out, I was fine with it.

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful except there were way too many stories of “how we can embarrass Bella in front of Edward” about when I was growing up. I should’ve known the pissing contest wouldn’t be between Edward and Jake – it would be between all of my family – or people I considered family – and how much they liked to see me blush. Dammit all to the fiery pits of hell! Edward just laughed at the stories and kept a tight grip on my hand. He occasionally would bring my fingers to his lips and brush a kiss across them.

After dessert, cleaning up and watching more football and random television programs, I proclaimed I was tired and was going to bed. Jake, Nessa and Billy had left earlier. I nudged Edward – already asleep – on the couch next to me. “Yes, baby?” he asked, sleepily. “Let’s head to bed. I think you had too much tryptophan in that turkey today.” He grinned sheepishly at me and nodded.

As Edward and I got ready for bed in my old room, I decided I hadn’t thought about this as much as I could have. How the hell were we both going to fit in that double bed from my childhood? Both Edward and I had king-size beds at home. Not that we normally slept far apart, since Edward usually spooned me while we slept – but there was definitely no room to stretch out in this bed.

Once we situated ourselves in the bed, I got the worst case of giggles. Edward’s feet were hanging off the end of the bed and it was cracking me up. We were both sleeping on our sides like sardines. All we needed was a lid with a pull-top and some vinegar sprinkled over us. “Baby,” Edward tried to look annoyed, “I’m sleepy and you’re giggling.” I just looked at him and laughed more. He continued, “Just think of it this way. We couldn’t have sex in this bed. I’d have to go back out into the hallway to even get into a different position!” Then he was laughing with me. We also soon discovered every time we moved the slightest bit, the bed squeaked. This invoked more laughing. Definitely no one was getting laid in this bed.

Finally we both stopped our goofy laughter, kissed each other deeply and held on to one another while drifting off to a peaceful, if not crowded, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment