Sunday, February 14, 2010

Seattle General - Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight, Stephenie Meyer does. Please don't copy my original work or the Volturi will show up on your doorstep.

BPOV

Why, oh why, did Edward have to stop kissing me? It was the most fantastic kiss I’d ever had in my life and I never wanted it to stop. And when he started kissing down my neck – I was dizzy just thinking about it. I almost started grabbing fistfuls of his gorgeous bronze hair and moaning. Whenever Jacob had kissed me, it was never like that. I wanted to wrap my legs around Edward, have him carry us into my apartment, and let him have his way with me right inside the door. Wow – I needed to make sure Edward kissed me again – and soon!

The next day, I dressed in a white cotton dress that had a small white cherry pattern printed over it. Since it was unseasonably hot in Seattle, I decided to put my hair up. Thankfully Alice had shown me how to walk in stilettos and I had a pair of white ones to match. Since my office was now mostly clean, I didn’t have to worry about sitting in dust any longer.

Carlisle had called a staff meeting for 9 a.m. I had the conference room ready for the meeting and was sitting up front near him at about 8:50 a.m. Doctors were notoriously late to staff meetings. I knew they had patients to take care of, but you’d think they would have some respect for their boss. I had brought in bagels, juices and water, which was something the former executive assistant never did. Carlisle didn’t think it was necessary. I thought he might be able to boost attendance if word got out that food was provided. I believe I heard several of the doctors on their cell phones, calling their colleagues saying food was involved when they were in line to come into the room. Maybe my plan had worked. I turned around at one point and saw Jasper was there. He gave a little wave and I waved back.

Carlisle got up and called the meeting to order. My job was to record the minutes of this meeting. My attention was focused on Carlisle as someone sat in the chair next to me. I was concentrating on what he was saying and didn’t really notice until the person’s thigh brushed up against mine – and an electric current shot through me. All rational thought went right out the window as I looked up into Edward’s green eyes and his crooked smile. Crap – I needed to pay attention to Carlisle and what he was saying. Thankfully he was switching topics. Edward inched his thigh away from mine and my concentration returned. He was saying the Chief of Medicine was going to be out on personal leave for quite some time as his wife was ill with cancer. Due to this, several of the medical doctors would be rotating through the role while he was out. Carlisle stated he and I would be working on the list today and that it would be sent out by email later. Once that announcement was made, the meeting was over.

Edward looked at me again seriously and asked, “Bella, may I see you for a moment?” I answered, “Of course.” We went into the next conference room, which I knew wasn’t going to be occupied for the next half hour.

“Yes?” I turned and asked when we were in the room.

He closed the door gently and then was near me, quick as lightning. “Isabella, do you know what you’re doing to me in that dress? You are totally turning me on. I was trying to be a gentleman with you, but you’re making it difficult.” I think he almost growled out that last bit. “Me?” I squeaked out. His lips were on mine then and I was responding. And not that innocent, chaste kiss of last night. This was a crashing, desperate kiss of pure need, want and desire. How long were we kissing like that? It seemed like hours. It couldn’t have been more than a couple of minutes.

Finally, I drug my lips away and whispered, “Edward…” This seemed to snap him back to reality and where he was. He said roughly, “Oh, Bella, I’m so sorry.” “There’s nothing to apologize for,” I said as I stroked his hair. It was incredibly soft and I wanted to run my fingers through it for hours. “Besides,” I continued with a wink, “don’t we have a date later?” He dazzled me with a smile then. His beeper went off just then as I straightened my skirt. “Patients call, my Bella,” he said, as he lightly kissed my cheek and was through the door. Holy crap – this was one of my more innocent dresses – what would he do when I wore one of those that Alice forced me to buy that I thought was a tad more revealing?

The rest of my day was productive. Carlisle and I worked on the Chief of Medicine rotation schedule. I was pleased to see Edward’s name listed on it quite a lot. I had heard he was an excellent doctor and this just confirmed it. Carlisle wouldn’t want someone who didn’t know what they were doing heading up the Medicine department – even in an acting capacity.

I was able to have lunch with Angela. Ben wasn’t able to have lunch with us as he was busy working on a project and would have lunch later. We had a great time catching up. I told her I was starting to see Dr. Masen and she was thrilled. Angela had always been one of my sweetest friends. She really did care about me and wasn’t the type to gossip about it to everyone in the hospital.

Later in the afternoon, I was going through my email and found this:

From: Edward Masen
To: Bella Swan

I’m looking forward to our date later. I’ve missed you. Today my job is getting in the way of me romancing you. Let’s run away to a deserted island where I could wine and dine you.

Edward


I giggled at that as I hit reply.

From: Bella Swan
To: Edward Masen

Do they have much good food and wine on deserted islands? I’m looking forward to tonight also.

Bella


Almost instantaneously, a response came back:

From: Edward Masen
To: Bella Swan

Groan…you’re so right, my ever-practical Bella. I’d have to hunt things down on the island, skin them, and then roast them over a fire, which I’d have to build. Then grow our own grapes. It’s starting to sound like a lot of work. Guess we’d best keep our day jobs.

Edward


He could be so silly when he wanted to be and then so very passionate – as I spent some time thinking about our kiss earlier in the conference room. I didn’t want our relationship to just be about sex. I wasn’t that kind of woman. I mean, it was fine to add that into the mix, but I wanted so much more.

EPOV

Finally this workday was over! I was at home after my shower and dressing in a suit and tie. I kept thinking back to earlier in the day when I sat next to Bella in that staff meeting. Dammit if she wasn’t wearing that innocent-looking white dress. I swear I was mentally chanting to Carlisle to get the meeting over already so I could take Bella somewhere and have my way with her. I barely got the words out that I wanted to see her for a moment. I don’t know if she read it in my eyes or what, but she seemed to know I meant privately. As soon as that conference room door shut, I growled out some caveman words and slid up against her perfect body and began kissing her like it was the last thing I’d do on earth. Finally I let her breathe a little and she broke me out of my frenzy. I did apologize for not acting like a gentleman. And she teased me about our date later tonight – now!

I drove to her apartment, willing my dick to stay in my pants for the night. I stopped by the florist shop on the way and then walked to her door and rang the bell. She answered the door and was a perfect vision in a short black dress with goddess-like heels on. I handed her the perfect white rose I’d just picked up and we went inside so she could put it in some water. I stood behind her as we both looked at the rose and I said into her strawberry-scented hair, “Bella, I want to kiss you again – here, now – but I know it will mess up those beautiful lips of yours.” She turned around and wound her arms around my neck and drug her small hands through my hair as she brought her lips closer to mine. The overwhelming need, want and desire was still there – just like it was earlier today. I never wanted to stop kissing this beautiful woman.

Bella pushed back on my chest carefully and smiled up at me. She said, “Oh Edward, I love kissing you. And lipstick can always be fixed, so don’t worry about that.” She gave me a smaller kiss, then put her hand in mine and we walked to my car together.

Our dinner at Brasa Restaurant was going wonderfully. We were getting to know each other even better as the night went on – likes and dislikes, more laughing, some serious things. I liked this place – they didn’t rush you. At one point, I felt something on my ankle. What the hell? The sensation was now making its way farther up my calf. Bella just continued talking like nothing else was going on. My dick knew something completely different. “Bella,” I breathed. She smiled sexily at me, but just kept talking. Dammit! Was I going to have to scream out, “Check, please!” to the first waiter who walked by? I caught her foot with my hands and began massaging it. She let out a light moan. Crap! Maybe that wasn’t the right thing to do. I do believe my dick just wanted to hear more of that, but in stereo, thank you very much.

Suddenly, a man at a table near us began clutching his chest. The woman with him screamed. Bella immediately dropped her foot and stared over at the couple. I got up almost immediately and hurried over. Thankfully with the woman’s scream my throbbing dick had gone down considerably. I unbuttoned the man’s shirt and assessed him. He was definitely having a heart attack. His wife was unsure if he had taken his medication earlier in the day. The restaurant did not have anything to assist me, although they did call 911 for me. Thankfully the hospital was just a short ride away.

I threw Bella the keys to my car so she could follow the ambulance. I rode with the man and his wife in the ambulance to Seattle General. Once inside the emergency room, we worked on him quickly to stabilize him. I knew he would be in the ER for another few hours and then most likely moved to the cardiac intensive care unit for observation, so I left him in the care of the ER doctors and set off to find Bella.

I found her in the ER waiting room. “Hi,” I said with a smile, “Sorry about that.” “It’s ok,” she said, “It’s what you do. I’m very proud of you.” I put my arm around her and we went to get my car.

I grinned playfully at her when we were both inside, “I seem to recall we were doing something a lot more entertaining a bit earlier.” Bella blushed a beautiful crimson color that I could see even in the gathering darkness. “Edward,” she whispered. I leaned over the console to her and kissed her soundly. She kissed me right back, her hands back in my hair. I loved it when she did that. I finally pulled myself away from her beautiful lips and said, “I should let you get some sleep tonight. Because I think if I invited myself in, neither of us would be sleeping.” She blushed again, but kept her hand in mine as we drove through the city streets back to her apartment.

At her door, we kissed again with passion and Bella said, “Edward, thank you for tonight. I did have a very nice time. Thank you for inviting me.” I replied, “You are welcome. There’s no one I’d rather spend time with than you – and I mean that.” I held her close to me as we kissed again. Damn if her ankle in those goddess shoes didn’t start twisting itself around my calf and my dick started twitching immediately. “Bella,” I warned. “I know,” she sighed and I reluctantly let her go as I let her shut her apartment door between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment