Sunday, February 14, 2010

SG - Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight, but I'm thankful for Stephenie Meyer and her dream/vision!

BPOV

I pulled into a parking space at Seattle General Hospital in my new Toyota RAV4. My favorite mechanic, Jacob Black, had recently steered me toward this vehicle when my old truck had finally wheezed its last breath. Jacob and I used to date, but that had been years ago. I had introduced him to Nessa, a friend I met in college, and they had been steadily dating ever since. I was glad he was finally happy and moving on with his life. I think we just dated out of convenience. Not that Jake wasn’t a great guy – he was, but he needed to move on, just like I did. I hadn’t dated anyone else. Guys had asked me – I just wasn’t interested.

During college, I had done some part-time work, transcribing dictation from various physicians for their patients. It helped pay my bills and smoothed the way for me to get a job at a doctor’s office. I had been there for a couple of years when a position opened up at Seattle General. I had been selected as the executive assistant for the Chief of Staff, Carlisle Cullen, M.D. This helped Charlie, my dad, breathe a big sigh of relief as he figured I wasn’t coming back home to live any time soon. I think he was secretly seeing Sue Clearwater and wanted to keep the coast clear for that. Fine by me! I liked my job and was glad I could work at the same place as a couple of friends from high school, Angela and Ben Cheney, who were now married.

I had actually been working at my job for a couple of weeks now in the unorganized chaos that came with the former executive assistant and today I was going to do something about it. I had cleared it through Dr. Cullen since this was the 4th of July holiday weekend and I could come in and work undisturbed to situate the office around the way I liked it. He thought it was a great idea and would help us work more efficiently, so he was all for it. He also gently reminded me on the 4th, I should come to his house with the rest of his staff for a barbeque. Dr. Cullen and I got along great – he was almost like a second father to me.

I looked in my rearview mirror at my chocolate colored eyes, sighed, and put my long brown hair in a ponytail. This wasn’t a day to look cute. It was going to be hard work – moving files and getting all kinds of grubby. Good thing I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Once I got in the office, I tuned the radio station to one with some rockin’ dance music and started in. Some things were easy to pitch right into the recycling bin, other things needed to be re-filed, mailboxes needed to be relabeled. It was a good thing this other woman retired and she wasn’t still around – augh! I was totally in my element – getting things organized, dancing around the office a bit, singing off-key, having a great time…

EPOV

Being on vacation for about three weeks had actually done a world of good for me. I had needed some rest. Normally I worked like a machine, but Carlisle insisted I take some time off. I tried not to give too many hints of my personal life away, but I guess he knew how things were, deep down inside me. I had broken up with my bitch of a girlfriend, Tanya, who had been a nurse at Seattle General, over a year ago and just kept working. I tried not to let it interfere with my work – and most days, I don’t think it did. But damn Carlisle – if he wasn’t all perceptive and shit. Good thing that whore nurse left town as I didn’t need her sleeping with any more of the doctors here at the hospital. I had heard she moved to Alaska. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

As a doctor, I tried not to be too out-of-pocket. After being at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, I was totally unconnected with what was happening with my patients and life in general. Good thing I’d gotten a full night’s rest last night. I wanted to get to the hospital and check on things before the onslaught of the holiday weekend. No doubt there were tons of emails to answer, lots of mail to go through and general housekeeping duties. Most of this would be brought on by that inefficient idiot Carlisle kept as an executive assistant. I had heard she was going to retire, but I would believe that when I saw it. She kept things in such disarray, many of the doctors were yelling at her or about her constantly. Carlisle tried to keep a lid on it, but things were out of control. Something needed to happen. I tried to stay out of his office unless I was absolutely forced to go in for some reason or another.

I strode into my office, changed into blue scrubs, and sat down, running my hand through my hair. It was going to be a long day, so I’d best get to it. After several dozen emails, I pondered an email from Carlisle, informing us he’d hired a new executive assistant, Isabella Swan. What the hell? Well, hopefully she was better than the last idiot. I got through most of my email and decided I needed to go by the Chief of Medicine’s office to get my paper mail that came in while I was gone so I could sort that out. I’m a doctor and anal about all kinds of shit like that – especially if some other asshat doctor put a consult in my mailbox I needed to see while I was on vacation. Some doctors are stupid like that and don’t actually read the vacation schedule. Shocking, I know.

I stopped by to pick up my mail – there was some and thankfully no consults. At least the dickweeds read the schedule! I’m amazed! There was an invitation to some barbeque at Carlisle’s house on the 4th for the holiday. I thought I’d check and see if he was in his office, let him know I’d be there and that I’d returned from vacation. Usually his wife, Esme, didn’t let him work on long holiday weekends, but I figured, what the hell?

I looked through the door to Carlisle’s outer office and stopped short. What in God’s name was going on in there? A petite young brunette was dancing around the office, randomly throwing things into the recycle bin, placing other papers into file folders, making order out of chaos, and shaking her ass around temptingly, completely oblivious to anyone or anything else. OK, I admit, I did stop and watch for awhile. I’m a red-blooded male. This creature was totally sexy and she didn’t have a stitch of makeup on – not that she needed any. And she wasn’t wearing anything that was overtly hot – just a t-shirt and jeans. But the way she was moving her body – so carefree and a little wild – had me more than a little turned on.

I had to find out what was going on. I unlocked Carlisle’s door. She didn’t even notice – still was dancing around, singing a bit off-key, shaking her ass every once in awhile. Get a grip, Masen, you don’t even know her! I cleared my throat softly. Still no response. “Excuse me?” I stated. At that, she whirled around, shocked, blushed a bright crimson, and yelled, “Crap! You scared me!”

I smiled in response and said, “I gathered that.” I looked at her questioningly and said, “You must be Isabella Swan, Carlisle’s new executive assistant?” She stammered and looked at the floor, “Um…yes. And it’s Bella.”

I responded, “Well, Bella, I’m Dr. Edward Masen. I work in Medical Service. You don’t need to be so shy. You didn’t appear to be very shy just a moment ago.” She blushed again and said, “That was before I knew anyone was watching. And why are you here on the weekend?” I explained I was just coming back from vacation and was getting some things done before the holiday weekend hit.

Bella looked around her now, satisfied, with her hands on her hips and stated, “Well, I don’t think there’s any more damage I can do here until I get back to work on Tuesday. Guess I’m gone for the day. A shower will feel great after this! It was very nice to meet you, Dr. Masen. I will see you again on Tuesday, no doubt.”

I responded, “I look forward to that.”

As I watched Bella lock up Carlisle’s office and walk away from me down the hallway, all I could think about – besides watching her fine ass swaying – was getting to know more about her and joining her in that shower she was going to take.

BPOV

What the hell? Did I just say I was going to get into the shower in front of this gorgeous hunk of a doctor? God! Get a grip on yourself! Fucking doctors who think they can just sneak up on you at all hours of the day! I don’t have white-coat anxiety – far from it. I’m not scared of doctors in the least. I never had that. But when they scare you half out of your wits when you’re in the midst of a project and not expecting to see anyone! Geez! I may be afraid of needles, but not doctors in general.

And Dr. Edward Masen? Why had no one told me about him? Holy crap! He was a fucking god in scrubs if I ever saw one, even better than Dr. McDreamy. Tall with tousled bronze hair that I wanted to run my fingers through immediately, green eyes that looked like limpid pools, abs that looked hard as steel even through his scrubs, and I didn’t even want to think about the bottom half of him! And that English accent! Augh! I was in my car now and needed to think about traffic, not about bedding Dr. Masen! I’d be in a wreck before I knew it! He could be married for all I knew.

I made it home and into the shower. I can’t say my mind didn’t wander in there, wondering what Dr. Masen’s hands and fingers would feel like, touching my wet skin. My fingers came up to my nipples, pinching and kneading them until they pebbled and all I could think about was the heat pooling between my legs. One hand slid down my wet body as the other stayed at my breasts. My fingers slid into the wet, open folds of my pussy and I groaned as I imagined Dr. Masen’s fingers there instead. My fingers grazed my slick clit over and over again as I sped myself toward release. Finally my orgasm shuddered forth as I involuntarily shouted, “Edward!” and then blushed. Oh, sweet release! Shit, I mentally chided myself, one encounter with this guy and I’m already getting myself off in the shower, thinking of him? I hoped I wouldn’t have to face him again any time soon.

My apartment was small but quaint – nothing spectacular – but I liked it. It was only one bedroom. I didn’t have a ton of furniture. I usually saved up for the nicer stuff I wanted. I liked nice clothes, linens and accessories, so I splurged on those. It also helped to have one of my best friends, Alice Brandon, working in retail. That girl could find the best deals! Her boyfriend, Jasper Whitlock, was a surgeon at Seattle General. They’d been talking about getting married. After my shower, I decided to order Chinese and ate that while watching one of my favorite movies – “You’ve Got Mail” – before going to bed. I was tired from all my expended energy today at work and well, yes, my shower activities.

I woke up early on Sunday, turned on some of my favorite dance music, and made myself a breakfast of a veggie omelet and orange juice. Then I did a bit of housecleaning while dancing around the house. I smiled a bit, thinking of Dr. Masen catching me at the office the day before. I kept things clean mostly, so there was little to do – just picking up and washing up the breakfast dishes. I needed to pick out an outfit for the barbeque. I looked outside at the weather. It looked like sunshine for the 4th of July for Seattle – amazing! I chose a red waffle weave short sleeve shirt and some jean shorts. I figured I’d take along a blue hoodie and regular jeans just in case it got cold later. Carlisle had said something about fireworks.

I logged onto my email and sent emails to my mom and my dad, letting them both know how things were going in my life. My mom and dad had divorced when I was small. She had remarried a semi-pro baseball player when I was a teenager. They were crazy-happy in love and lived in Florida now. I was glad for her and wished my dad would meet someone. Although Forks, Washington, Police Chief Swan – the workaholic – was unlikely to do that. I kept hoping, though.

I figured I’d drive to Carlisle and Esme’s house a little early, just in case they needed some help setting up or anything. What’s a good assistant if you can’t help out? I knew he really didn’t expect me to do that, but I had nothing else going on today so I might as well do what I could.

I found their home easy enough in a very nice neighborhood of Seattle and both Carlisle and Esme greeted me warmly. Esme put me right to work in the kitchen, dicing up some fruit. I was glad to be of help to her. She was telling me all the people Carlisle had invited – which sounded like a ton to me – and I kept dicing, hoping we had enough for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment