Sunday, February 14, 2010

Seattle General - Chapter 5

Disclaimer: Stephenie Meyer owns everything Twilight. I claim this story line, though. Please don't copy it. Might be some lemony goodness start happening in this chapter. As always, there's not-suitable-for-younger-peeps language.

BPOV

Wednesday was totally suckish. It was absolutely hell on wheels. There were meetings that Carlisle and I needed to attend, other meetings that needed to be scheduled with people who weren’t very accommodating, letters needing to be typed, just an all-around no-good-very-bad day.

A very good thing that happened was when I returned to my office from one of these horrendous headache-inducing meetings, there were a dozen pink roses on my desk. I plucked the card out of them immediately and read: “My Bella – Thank you for being you. Yours, Edward.” That man was such a romantic. Yum! As I stood and thought about it for a moment, when we were out and about, he never looked at other women. I mean, he gave them a cursory glance, but it was like I was the sole focus of his attention. I liked that about him.

I plunged my face near the roses and took a big whiff as Carlisle came into the office. “Those are beautiful!” he exclaimed. “May I ask who they are from?” I looked a bit uncertain, but answered, “Dr. Masen.” He motioned me into his office and said, “Let’s chat, Bella.” Oh great, I thought, am I going to get into trouble? I didn’t remember reading anything explicitly that there couldn’t be any interoffice dating/relationships. There were people who worked here who were married to each other!

Carlisle started out, “Bella, when you first came to work here, was it your intention to capture the attention of a physician and start climbing some sort of social ladder?” I thought the horror on my face said it all, but replied, “Oh my god, no,” and sincerely meant every word. He responded, “I didn’t think so. Was just making sure. I think Edward is a fine physician and man. He dated someone in the past here, which he probably told you about.” As I nodded, he continued, “I think you’re definitely more mature than that person ever was or will be. If you were going to date anyone on my staff, I would say Edward is a fine choice. And, in case you were wondering, no, you aren’t going to get into trouble.” He ended with a smile. I smiled back at him as I left his office.

Before I started on my next project, I had to send a quick email:

From: Bella Swan
To: Edward Masen

Oh Edward – Thank you for the roses! They are absolutely gorgeous! You do spoil me, but I’m not complaining.

Bella


Yes, I suppose I could’ve paged him, but he is a doctor and he does have patients to attend to. He must’ve had a busy day as well because I never heard back from him until I was getting ready to shut down my computer for the night.

From: Edward Masen
To: Bella Swan

My Bella – I’m glad you got your roses. They are not as beautiful as you are. I wasn’t able to respond until now due to asshat colleagues. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Right now, I’d like nothing better than to be holding you in my arms and kissing you senseless. But tonight I need some rest. I’d sleep better with my arms wrapped around you.

Yours,
Edward


I knew just what he meant. I just wanted to go home, throw something in the microwave, and hopefully fall asleep in front of the television or fall into bed as soon as possible and forget that today ever happened – except for my lovely roses. But wait – what? He’d sleep better with his arms wrapped around me? Holy crap! Guess he was picking up on my not-too-subtle hints.

Thursday was no better than Wednesday. Would this week never end? I loved Edward’s term – asshat. There were a lot of people I could put in that category. People were bugging me left, right and center and I kept feeling like I couldn’t catch up with anything. I think Carlisle could see my blood pressure rising right in front of him as at about 3 p.m., he told me I could leave for the day.

I hadn’t heard from Edward all day, so I figured his day was about as wonderful as my own. I thought I’d head to the grocery store and get my grocery shopping done for the next week and get some cookie ingredients so I could bake Edward some of my white chocolate chip cookies. While I was at the store, my cell phone rang. I answered, “Hello?” Edward’s panicked voice came on the line, “My Bella, are you ok?” “Yes, Edward, of course. Calm down. What’s wrong?”

I heard him let out a whoosh of air as he began explaining, “I went to Carlisle’s office to see you as I finally got a moment’s peace. Carlisle wasn’t there and neither were you. I was worried.” I giggled and said, “Well, Carlisle thought my blood pressure was getting the better of me today, so he let me leave early. So I’m at the grocery store, getting my weekly groceries.”

“Ohhhh,” he said, sounding like he was getting comfortable in his office chair. “So you’re out in public. Should I see if I could make you blush?” I giggled again, flushing immediately, “Oh, there’s no doubt you could do that, Dr. Masen.”

“Dr. Masen, is it?” he questioned and I could almost hear him grinning wickedly. “Oh, Isabella, you will pay for that.” “And just how is that?” I asked. “You let me worry about that, my Bella.”

I responded back, “You better just be nice. I was going to make you something.” Instantly, he was curious, “What?” I evaded his question and wouldn’t tell him. He pouted for awhile in a silly way. Finally I relented and told him it would be something he’d like. He would just have to wait until the morning to get it. Sheesh – men!

I finished my shopping, went home, made Edward’s cookies, made something simple for dinner, watched some television, and went to bed. I thought about how nice it would be to be held by Edward all night long. Augh – before long, I had to turn my attention to something else as that train of thought was just frustrating me and not getting me any closer to sleep.

EPOV

My Bella was making me something! I was like a kid on Christmas morning! Was I bouncing in the seat of my Volvo on the way to work? I might’ve been. I was becoming totally over the moon for this woman. I needed to tell her – and soon. And I wanted to be with her – in every way. Friday was going to be a good day – I could just feel it.

I went to my office and shut the door so I could change into my scrubs. There, on the middle of my desk, was a large plastic container filled with white chocolate chip cookies. Oh my god – can this woman read my mind? White chocolate chip cookies were my absolute favorite thing in the whole world! I stripped off my jeans and t-shirt and stepped into my scrubs like a wild man and opened the plastic container reverently – like these cookies were the crown jewels. I carefully took one out and bit into it. Holy mother of God! This was like an orgasm in cookie form. Was I supposed to keep chewing? Was I supposed to bow down and pray? Did I say Friday was going to be a good day? Check that – it was going to be the best fucking day on record.

I managed to keep chewing and devoured that entire cookie and took another one. If another doctor came in here and thought he was entitled to these, I would break every bone in both his hands. I’m not normally prone to violence, but I could be for these cookies. I knew where I had to go now – to see the most wonderful baker in the entire universe – and I had to go right now – patients be damned. I made sure my office was locked and I headed up to Carlisle’s office.

I ran into Carlisle on the way up to his office. He was headed off to some meeting. We said our “good mornings” and I continued on. I hoped I didn’t have any cookie crumbs on my scrub top. I didn’t want any evidence or anyone asking me where they could get any cookies, because I sure as hell wasn’t sharing those. I stepped inside Carlisle’s outer office and stopped dead in my tracks.

Bella was on the phone with someone, standing up behind her desk. She was in a short-sleeved red polka dot dress with red patent leather goddess shoes. The dress flattered her breasts beautifully and I couldn’t stop staring. Her beautiful brown hair was in soft waves down her back. Whoever she was talking to on the phone better hurry the fuck up because I wasn’t going to wait much longer. Finally I got my feet to move to stand behind her. She was still on the phone as I pushed her hair aside and started kissing her neck. She wrapped up her phone call pretty quickly then and hung up. “Edward,” she breathed.

“Baby,” I said in between kissing and licking up and down her neck, “I got my present and I love them.” She was moaning lightly in pleasure from my kissing, but took my hand and pulled me into her small supply room. She didn’t want just anyone walking by to be able to see us. As soon as we were in the supply room and out of sight of the main hallway, our lips crashed together and there was nothing but the two of us. One of those damn shoes was rubbing up against my calf again. I drew Bella closer to me and said, “Do you feel what you do to me, baby?” She could feel the size of my erection growing through my scrubs and she groaned.

She stopped rubbing her shoe along my calf. I looked down at her in confusion and growled out, “Why did you stop?” Bella said, “We shouldn’t be doing this here at work.” She kissed me passionately again and continued, “I do want you, Edward, very much – in every way. I just want it to be where someone’s not going to walk in on us at any moment.”

“Once again, my love, forgive me for not acting like a gentleman around you. Give me a moment for my dick to get back to a normal size before I go back out into the hallway,” I said to her. “Oh Edward,” she replied with a wicked grin, “I love it that I turn you on so much. Don’t think it’s not difficult for me to always act like a lady around you as well.”

I held her in my arms then and said, “I really do like the cookies, baby. Thank you so much for making those for me.” “You are entirely welcome. It’s been a hell of a week. I thought I’d try to make your Friday better.”

I responded, “What would make my Friday perfect is if my Bella would go out with me after work to get some fast food and then we go play in the park.” She nodded in agreement. “On one condition, though. You have to change out of the dress and the sex shoes. While I love those shoes and how you look in them, they aren’t very safe for the park.”

I ran my hands from her waist down her body then and felt something small and hard on her thighs. What the hell was that? I looked up at Bella, but she was just smiling at me, not saying anything. I said, “Isabella, what do you have on under this dress?” She laughed then and blushed. I lifted up her dress, inch by inch, just enough to reveal she was indeed wearing a garter belt with stockings. “Bloody hell,” I said.

She giggled and said, “What? You don’t like it?” I moaned against her throat then and told her how much I did like it and wanted to see more, but I had to go see patients. Bella hugged me in return, kissed me on the cheek and promised me she’d see me later. I reluctantly left her office – I think I was muttering something about being a doctor and that I had patients to see. I really couldn’t tell you – Bella had my brain so befuddled with that garter belt and stockings I couldn’t think straight. Orgasm cookies, Bella in a garter belt and stockings, and those damn sex shoes were like my own personal Bermuda triangle. I was seriously fucked. And I couldn’t wait to find out how the whole thing worked!

BPOV

That afternoon, I sat working and thinking about Edward. He definitely brought a smile to my face. Who knew he’d get so happy – and turned on – about cookies? Wow! He was like a dream boyfriend. Whoa, Bella. Were we at that stage? I had no idea. I knew I liked spending time with him a lot and wanted to do more of that. Guess I’d have to wait and see. It was probably best not to rush things.

Carlisle had left about a half an hour earlier, saying he and Esme were going on a little trip out of town. I wished him well and I was now sitting alone in the office, happily working away. It seemed my email messages had slowed down to a crawl as well. Probably a lot of people were leaving early due to it being Friday. All the better for me…I could actually get some work done.

My phone ringing jolted me out of my work rhythm. “Chief of Staff’s office. Bella speaking,” I answered. “Mmmm,” said the seductive voice on the other end. “Could I entice you to come to my office, baby?” I giggled in response and said, “Edward, you never cease to amaze me.”

“Please, Bella,” he sounded urgent, “I need to see you about an important matter since I’ll be the Acting Chief of Medicine on Monday. Just put that little sign on your door that says you’ll be back in a while.” I sighed, “Can’t you just come here?” “No,” he replied, “I’m expecting a patient.” “OK,” I reluctantly agreed, “I’ll be right down.” Augh – the things I don’t have to do for these doctors. And this one was starting to call in his favors right away!

I was walking down the hallway toward Edward’s office when all of a sudden, an exam room door opened, a hand reached out and pulled me inside. What the hell?

1 comment:

  1. *rubs eyes* Maybe I'm just a h00r, but I thought for sure he said he needed to see panties, not patients. Damn.

    Great job with the UST bb!
    XO

    ReplyDelete